Monday, September 29, 2008

My list

I like making lists on paper. I emphasize the paper part because as much as I've tried to get into technology I just prefer writing things on paper and not on a pda or computer. I wish this blog was pen and ink to be honest.

The pen has to be just right. Black ink. I fine line but not TOO fine. A dark line with no skips and ink blots. Smooth. The paper obviously contributes to this. I like paper. glossy smooth paper is my favorite but it's hard to come by. I like the way ink flows on to newsprint paper and in composition books.

Here's my list.
  • Knit that baby sweater BEFORE the baby gets here (acknowledge that said sweater is in fact the very same that was started for the other kid 2 years ago. Hey, at least I've a head start)
  • Spend half an hour a day on Italian
  • Learn Unix - actually pay attention and absorb it don't just cheat off the internet (though it's tempting)
  • Be social at least once per week (acknowledge that I tend to self absorb and become kid centric often losing myself and as a result friends)
  • Join some sort of group or activity in something that I enjoy and actively participate in it to make new friends
  • Realize that dinners do not have to be elaborate. There is no need for me to work 8 hours a day, pick the kid up from school, set her in front of the tv, proceed into the kitchen where I spend an hour making a full dinner. Week night dinners MAY be simple
  • So something about my stocks. Stock market is crap but I could be doing better if I actively managed my account
  • Spend less time staring at the idiot box
  • Spend more time appreciating the little G because one day she'll be all grown up
  • Video tape the mini G more. She's 3 and I have a grand total of 45 minutes of video. I'm more of a still camera opportunist but still...
  • Print pics. I've thousands on my computer and maybe 20 of G actually printed
  • Make that Sicily photo album. You know. The one of the trip we took in May 2007. Those pics are probably still on the camera..
  • Take at least half an hour a day to my self
this is my now list. It'll probably change tomorrow.

No comments: